Saturday, July 7, 2012

Comfort of a messy house! Ok never thought I would say this but I find comfort in my messy house! ok ok I know what you are saying but let me explain. This week I have been caring for my nieghbors animals; they are a very young couple (20 and 21) and newly married. So ofcourse their house is very clean and very few things in it. Being over there caring for the animals I have come to realize that it is very uncomfortable! It feels cold and empty. However, my house used to be like this before kids and I loved it! Now I want to say before going further that my house isn't dirty. dishes get done every day, I vaccum, sweep and mop and bathrooms get cleaned on regular basis. What has changed is toys everywhere! And as I contemplated my change of heart I think I have narrowed it down to the fact that my house with toys strewn all about it tells me that I have an active healthy child in the house! Something I am so grateful for. After losing Anastasia I remember feeling anger that my house was so clean sometimes; I knew there should be a child here to mess things up and always be trying to step over toys to keep from killing myself. Brent is not affected the same way, I know it bothers him more that our house is not what it used to be, but I find comfort in the toys and whatever else Brigid has managed to find and drag out being strewn about the house because it reminds me of my little blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment